We’ve sent UK rugby teams all over Japan with our tour leaders to play fixtures against local high schools. From Tokyo to Niigata to Fukuoka, they always receive a warm welcome and stronger competition than some of the players might expect!
The highlights for our school teams include:
• Playing fixtures against local teams
• Travelling on the shinkansen (bullet train)
• Socialising at after-match functions
• Billeting and homestays with Japanese hosts
• Attending baseball matches & going sightseeing
• Witnessing their coaches doing karaoke…
With a huge variety of sports venues and accommodation, as well as a public transport infrastructure unlike anywhere else, the teams stay, play and train in superb facilities. Japan really is the perfect country for the best of tradition, technology and rugby.
Last summer we managed the ground arrangements in Japan for Abingdon School senior rugby squad. They had an amazing time with us and tour leader Brett Plotz. Click here to read about what they got up to.
Having arranged lots of successful school rugby tours to Japan, we look forward to sending the stars of tomorrow for many years to come!